Unboxing Palm Size Miniature Scale Model Engines That Work, TOYAN Single-cylinder Four-stroke Model Engine For RC Hobby, RC Car, RC Boat, RC Truck.
In the past, The internal combustion engine which used for RC hobbies generally uses a two-stroke engine. The advantages of two-stroke engine are compact size, light weight and flexible use. It is widely used in RC ship models, RC helicopter models and RC vehicle models. The shortcomings of the two-stroke engine, based on its working principle. Fuel consumption is very high, and the lubrication system is not as perfect as a four-stroke engine. Mechanical losses are very serious, loud noise. The four-stroke engine solves these problems very well.
How does a 4 stroke engine work. four stroke engine working principle, four stroke engine diagram, 4 stroke engine animation, four stroke petrol engine.
- Intake: Also known as induction or suction. This stroke of the piston begins at top dead center (T.D.C.) and ends at bottom dead center (B.D.C.). In this stroke the intake valve must be in the open position while the piston pulls an air-fuel mixture into the cylinder by producing vacuum pressure into the cylinder through its downward motion. The piston is moving down as air is being sucked in by the downward motion against the piston.
- Compression: This stroke begins at B.D.C, or just at the end of the suction stroke, and ends at T.D.C. In this stroke the piston compresses the air-fuel mixture in preparation for ignition during the power stroke (below). Both the intake and exhaust valves are closed during this stage.
- Combustion: Also known as power or ignition. This is the start of the second revolution of the four stroke cycle. At this point the crankshaft has completed a full 360 degree revolution. While the piston is at T.D.C. (the end of the compression stroke) the compressed air-fuel mixture is ignited by a spark plug (in a gasoline engine) or by heat generated by high compression (diesel engines), forcefully returning the piston to B.D.C. This stroke produces mechanical work from the engine to turn the crankshaft.
- Exhaust: Also known as outlet. During the exhaust stroke, the piston, once again, returns from B.D.C. to T.D.C. while the exhaust valve is open. This action expels the spent air-fuel mixture through the exhaust valve.
Now here’s a huge piece of good news for fans of remote control model vehicles. Now, you can finally install a cool four stroke fuel engine for your model vehicle (Engine Model For 1/10 1/12 1/14 RC Car, RC Ship, RC Boat). Thanks to Tuoyang Precision Instrument Company, They released the FS-S100X series four-stroke engine (FS-S100GA single-cylinder four-stroke gasoline engine and FS-S100A Single-cylinder four-stroke Nitro methanol engine). This engine is very small (palm size) and Fuel uses Petrol gasoline or Nitro methanol.
Exquisite packaging with a user manual. The miniaturized Single-cylinder Four-stroke Engine used for remotely controlled model vehicles has the same theoretical working principle as the real vehicle engine. It is still a complicated machine, so it is very important to read the manual before use.
Open the package, what you will get.
TOYAN model engine FS-S100GA / FS-S100A Photos before assembly.
- Complete the assembly work of the kits,
- Brushless motor ESC for the model engine starter motor,
- Glow Plug, (Hot Spark, Spark Plug).
- 20-25% nitro-methane fuel or 1/25-1/30 mixed gasoline fuel.
- 100cc fuel tank.
- 7.4V 25C start power.
- ① Maximum air intake control valve: Spring-loaded screws can control and lock the maximum air intake. It has been set to the optimum position at the factory (factory setting). Generally, change is not recommended.
- ② Maximum Fuel intake control valve: Spring-loaded screws can control and lock the maximum Fuel intake. It has been set to the optimum position at the factory (factory setting). Generally, change is not recommended.
- ③ Engine Fuel inlet.
- ④ Engine Air inlet. (If the working environment of the engine is dusty, It is recommended to install the engine air filter).
- ⑤ Spark plug (Glow Plug, Hot Spark) installation location. (Will be introduced in the second chapter).
- ⑥ Engine throttle. Need to install throttle servo. In a complete system, The remote control controls the throttle servo, Throttle servo drive engine throttle operation, Controls the oil intake and air intake of the engine cylinder. (Will be introduced in the second chapter).
- ⑦ Fuel tank booster nozzle: It will be connected to the engine fuel tank to pressurize the fuel tank. This system is similar to an oil pump in a real vehicle engine. It is very useful for miniaturizing the fuel engine and used in scale model vehicles, The pressure of the engine fuel tank will increase with the output power of the engine.
- ⑧ Engine exhaust: exhaust pipe will be installed.
- ⑨Engine oil drain:Drain waste engine cylinder and piston lubricants.
Add grease to the Valve rocker arm.
About model fuel engine Ignition timing:
In a spark ignition internal combustion engine, Ignition timing refers to the timing, relative to the current piston position and crankshaft angle, of the release of a spark in the combustion chamber near the end of the compression stroke. —- Wikipedia
Install the TOYAN fuel model engine cooling fan.
Install TOYAN fuel engine starter motor, starter belt, engine exhaust pipe.
Well done, we have finished the assembly of the TOYAN fuel model engine.
TOYAN (FS-S100GA / FS-S100A) single cylinder four stroke fule model engine, Palm size, It is suitable for 1/6, 1/8 and 1/10 scale vehicle (car, truck) models or ship models with a width of more than 100mm.